The workplace including the office breakroom is changing. After the pendulum swung from everyone working at the office to a dramatic jump in remote employees, the pendulum is settling somewhere in the middle. South Shore companies are bringing their employees back to the office in hopes of fostering face-to-face collaboration, inspiring innovation, and increasing productivity. And thankfully, it isn’t back into cubeville or the dark, sparsely-decorated breakroom hidden somewhere at the back of the building. Companies are redesigning their environments to be open, communal areas with spaces designed to promote spontaneous work-related conversations and increase morale.
One area that is no longer left as an afterthought is the office breakroom. To learn more about what your South Shore employees need and want, try surveying them. They know what they want. A recent Staples survey found that “83 percent of employees say that a well-stocked breakroom results in happier employees, while 53 percent say that a well-stocked breakroom results in more productive employees.”
In 2018, there are a wide variety of options available including pantry service, cafe-style coffee service, and the micro-market.
- open concept “mini” store using open shelving, glass-front coolers, and self-checkout technology
- offers employees the option to read nutrition labels and make educated decisions about what to eat or drink
- highlights the opportunity to make healthy choices by offering fresh and nutritious sandwiches, wraps, salads, snacks and beverages, fresh produce, and yogurt
- includes a wide variety of choices which acknowledge that employees have distinct preferences and unique work schedules
Cafe-Style Coffee Service
- Creates a gourmet coffee-house experience without leaving the office
- Includes a variety of teas and specially sourced coffee beans and locally roasted coffees creating a unique coffee experience
- Uses different brewing systems including single-cup brewers, traditional brewers, and commercial brewers
- pantry space in your break room with open shelving, bright glass-front coolers, and displays full of food, snack and beverage options
- includes a wide variety of choices which acknowledges that employees have distinct preferences and unique work schedules
- often includes a selection of breakfast foods, fresh and nutritious sandwiches, wraps, salads, fresh produce, and yogurt as well as healthy and traditional snacks and beverages
- employers cover the full cost of this benefit allowing employees to focus on other financial responsibilities
Which options will your employees prefer? Think of Foley FoodService as a partner that can help with your South Shore staffing needs through the services that we offer. To learn more about pantry service, cafe-style coffee service, or the micro-market, contact us at 781.551.0711. We look forward to collaborating with you.